As working artists, your personal and business finances are integrally related. In this workshop, Julie Herwitt, an artist and Certified Public Accountant who specializes in working with artists, will teach best practices for organizing your finances and creating a path to financial sustainability.
- Defining your “money principles” and establishing financial goals
- Fundamental concepts for setting up a budget
- Cash-flow tips for freelance workers and others with multiple income streams
- “Good” vs. “bad” debt, debt repayment, and credit scores
- Saving methods for short- and long-term goals
- Importance of recordkeeping, and useful tools for recording and managing money
Julie Herwitt, CPA has over 25 years of experience working with small businesses and individuals. Additionally, Julie has a BFA from The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and exhibits her paintings throughout the US. This dual personality is what allows Julie to bring a unique perspective to the tax and accounting needs of artists, writers, musicians and other creative individuals. She is a frequent guest lecturer at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and Columbia College. Additionally, she has given workshops through the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs, the Chicago Artists’ Coalition, The Music Industry Workshop and other Midwest arts organizations. As a result of Julie’s experience with both accounting and the arts, her accounting practice works with numerous artists, writers and musicians.
Find out more about the event at the link below.