improve it! Partnership Development Associate
Calling all improv & business development bosses in Chicago! improve it! LLC is currently seeking an enthusiastic, friendly, and outgoing individual who has knowledge in improvisational comedy as well as a strong business acumen. This is a full-time position with the opportunity for long term growth within an expanding start up in Chicago.
About improve it! LLC:
Empirical evidence has shown that improvisational training has the ability to improve an employee’s trust, teamwork, communication, presentation skills, creative problem-solving, and can improve a company’s overall corporate culture. improve it! conducts workshops across the country leveraging improvisational techniques to improve employees’ soft skills in corporate settings.
Our work with clients such as United Airlines, PepsiCo, Groupon, Deloitte, Gatorade, and Motorola Solutions earned improve it! the 2014 Chicago RedEye Big Idea Award and subsequent nominations for the 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 Chicago Innovation Awards. Our workshop activities are led by professional improvisers from the top improvisational training programs in Chicago and are designed to enhance trust and build rapport. No matter the size of an event, improve it! donates a fixed percentage of all proceeds to their charity partner, Bear Necessities.
About This Position:
Do you like meeting new people, connecting, and finding ways to serve others by offering solutions that can empower and intrinsically impact organizations and teams? Do you enjoy networking, learning the intricacies of organizations, and inquiring as to what makes them work? Do you strive to encourage others and uplift people with that yes-and attitude? Do you love a team environment? Do you like setting goals and reaching them? If so, then this is the job for you!
- Understanding the improve it! methodology and what makes us unique
- Networking with members of associations and creating impactful long-term partnerships
- Prospecting in and around the Chicagoland market to organizations
- Conducting well organized and thoughtful meetings that serve the prospective client
- Providing a proposal to the prospective client post meeting and following up in a timely manner
- Supporting Partnership Development teammates and cross collaborating when needed
- Working in conjunction with all improve it! team members to successfully execute events
- Overseeing a book of business and providing follow up year over year
- Being punctual, professional, and organized
- Adhering to mandatory laughter breaks
- Attending quarterly public workshops
- Authentically communicating the improve it! brand to others
- Believing in the magic of improvisation
Qualifications / Criteria:
- A knowledge of improvisation and a desire to learn how to apply it in a business context
- A college degree
- Experience in a professional setting
- Knowledge of the Chicagoland market
- Minimum two years experience selling products or services in a B2B setting
- The ability to work autonomously and in a flexible work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A knowledge of how teams and organizations are structured
- Proven time management success
- A can do, yes-and attitude and love for people
Links to Online Materials or Samples: