The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks two (2) full-time Artistic Assistants for the 2019 summer season. The 2019 Festival season runs from June 11 - August 17. The Artistic Assistants report to the General Manager.
- Assist in the coordination of rehearsal, performance and special event logistics
- Assist in the arrangement of guest artist travel, transport, accommodations and hospitality
- Coordinate access to backstage areas with security and front of house personnel
- Assist with various guest artist, musician, and artistic leadership needs
- $13.00/hour; up to 40 hours per week. This position is non-exempt. Nights and weekends are required (generally Wednesday, Friday and Saturday); some overtime is expected.
- Position Start Date: Late May 2019 (specific start date to be determined by mutual agreement)
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago's summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city's most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.