Chicago Shakespeare Theater is currently accepting Company Management Intern applications for Summer 2019. Applications must be received by March 1, 2019.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater's Company Management department is responsible for overseeing general care for all performers and creative team members at the theater. These duties vary, from booking travel and housing for visiting artists and companies, to arranging meals when needed, and assisting in resolution of emergency issues. Company Management takes pride in maintaining a positive and welcoming environment in which our artists can work to their highest level.
The Company Management intern will act as an integral member of the department, obtaining hands-on, real-world experience in a creative and supportive atmosphere. In addition, Chicago Shakespeare Interns receive a small travel stipend and complimentary tickets to Chicago Shakespeare performances. Other benefits include the opportunity to build professional relationships, receive one-on-one mentoring with Company Management staff, participate in an intern seminar series that illuminates the workings of a large arts organization, and receive a resume and portfolio review with Chicago Shakespeare Staff.
While Chicago Shakespeare Theater internships are typically structured as a commitment of 10 weeks between May/June-August/September 2019, the program is also flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of the intern. Chicago Shakespeare Theater is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Assist in the booking of artist travel and housing, maintaining relationships with travel agencies, hotels and Chicago housing companies
- Assist in the onboarding of artists for upcoming productions.
- Assist in coordination and transportation of artists to and from the airport, theater, events and media engagements
- Monitor the daily running of shows
- Act as a representative of the company management for visiting international productions during select rehearsals and performances.
- Assist in the management of all tours out of Chicago Shakespeare, including tour schedule and daily check ins/follow-ups
- Assist in the coordination of hospitality for in-house, visiting and touring productions including first rehearsals, tech week, opening night, company dinners and closing night events
- A modest travel stipend
- College credit as available through a student’s academic institution
- Educational and career-coaching opportunities, including an intern seminar series that illuminates the workings of a large arts organization
- An in-depth review of the intern’s resume/portfolio with CST staff members
- Complimentary tickets to CST performances
- Invitations to company-wide events with actors, designers and other artists
- Free and reduced-price tickets to other Chicago theaters through "industry" offers
- Unfortunately we are not able to provide housing