Job Title: Cover Props Assistant
Reports To: Properties Supervisor
Start Date: 10/10/18-12/31/18
The Goodman Theatre seeks a Cover Props Assistant to be a part of our production team. The Cover Props Assistant will be responsible for shopping for furniture, hand props and materials for construction of props, responding to the daily needs of rehearsals, work load-ins and load-outs, and additional projects as assigned.
This position is under the jurisdiction of the Goodman Theatre’s collective bargaining agreement with I.A.T.S.E Local 2 and is only for the dates listed above
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Two to three years professional props experience with knowledge of period detail
- Advanced knowledge and experience with prop construction methods and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Quicken
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver 50-70 lbs, either alone or with assistance from others as well as scale ladders and work in high places
- Must have own vehicle, applicable insurance, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Work collaboratively as a team member and maintain a positive attitude
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume including three (3) references to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman%20Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. No calls please.