Ox-Bow, School of Art and Artists’ Residency
Position Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Development Director
Location: Chicago, IL
Position Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Development Associate based in Chicago oversees the administrative tasks associated with all fundraising and development activity throughout the organization. This person reports to the Development Director. The primary function of this role will be to provide administrative support to the Development Director, including but not limited to recording all gifts, Thank You correspondence, gift receipts, event support and follow-up, and database maintenance. Occasional travel between Chicago and Ox-Bow’s campus in Saugatuck will be required, along with travel to other cities for donor and alumni events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Record all donations and draft appropriate acknowledgment letters.
● Assist in the planning, execution, and tracking / reporting of fundraising activities including but not limited to the Annual Fund, planned giving, and major gifts.
● Create a comprehensive development calendar, including grant, Committee and Marketing deadlines
● Assists the Development Director with the planning and execution of donor recognition dinners and events
● Research foundation, city, county, state, federal and corporate grant opportunities
● Builds and maintains an active alumni network and database
● Creates reports that show fundraising progress
● Work directly with Marketing Department to update Development content on the website, including maintaining up to date donor recognition; Design/send all necessary invitations, create press releases, update social media, and appropriate print/web ad placements
● Assists the Development Director with compiling grant applications, reporting, and research
● Manage and update donor contact info
● Assist in the planning and execution of all aspects of Ox-Bow’s major fundraising events
● Oversee all necessary event follow-up, including tax letters, artwork delivery coordination, etc.
Occasional travel required.
Education / Job Experience / Certification
● Bachelor degree (master preferred) in public administration, nonprofit management, arts administration or other related field
● Prior experience in arts administration, non-profit fundraising or development preferred
Special Knowledge and Qualifications
● Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, and the Google suite of products
● Knowledge of fundraising database platforms preferred
● Ability to work independently and across organizational silos with a strong attention to detail
● Strong writing and communication skills, ability to translate contemporary art to donors
● Highly organized and motivated
● Knowledge of and passion for contemporary art preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment
Ox-Bow School of Art and Artists' Residency is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for its students, visitors, faculty, and staff, and to ensuring that educational and employment decisions are based on an individual’s abilities and qualifications. Ox-Bow does not tolerate unlawful discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or former military status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law, in its programs and activities, public accommodations or employment practices.