Hyde Park Art Center seeks a full-time Development Officer to assist in the implementation of the Art Center’s comprehensive fundraising program. TheDevelopment Officer will represent the organization to external funding sources and individual donors, concentrating especially on major gift fundraising and planned giving. This position will lead and personally be involved in efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors, their pledges and their gifts. Hyde Park Art Center is a mid-sized organization that values collaboration and support in all aspects of fulfilling its mission.
Who We Are
Hyde Park Art Center is a hub for contemporary arts in Chicago, serving as a gathering and production space for artists and the broader community to cultivate ideas, impact social change, and connect with new networks. The Art Center functions as an amplifier for today and tomorrow’s creative voices, providing the space to cultivate and create new work and connections. We offer a comprehensive set of programs that serve the creative and resource needs of artists and our community. Through our exhibitions, artist talks, studio art classes, international and local residency program, free public events, satellite class sites, and professional-development opportunities, we provide the space for artists at every age and stage to cultivate their practice, build connections, and impact our world.
- Work with the Director of Development to expand the major gifts program for annual donors
- Learn the Art Center’s work to proficiently discuss all programs and identify funding opportunities that align with donor interest
- Use moves-management best practices to qualify, identify, cultivate, solicit, steward, and retain prospects and donors
- Track interactions with prospects and donors
- Manage a portfolio of 50 – 75 assigned qualified relationships and apply a cultivation and solicitation plan for each donor/prospect
- Participate in Not Just Another Pretty Face, the Art Center’s triennial-art-commissioning project as a means to identify and recruit new donors
- Provide staff support for the Executive Director and Director of Development to ensure effective execution of their portfolios
- Work with members of the Development team on research and preparation of grant proposals for qualified family foundation prospects
- Solicit seat and table purchases, sponsorships, and gifts for the Art Center’s annual gala
- Provide strategic guidance and support to engage the board, staff, and volunteers in soliciting and closing major gifts
- Coordinate all donor engagement and stewardship activity with assistance from the Manager of Individual Giving and Development Associate
- Other duties as assigned
General Organizational Work
- Serve as a leader and thought partner of the organization in fulfilling its mission and objectives
- Participate in meetings and projects related to the strategizing and implementation of the organization’s priorities and values
- Support all Art Center staff in operating the organization and providing positive and enriching experiences for all constituents
Compensation and Benefits:
The Development Officer is a full-time, salaried position in the upper $50,000’s based on experience. Benefits include: health and life insurance, dental insurance, retirement matching after one year, and vacation time. The Development Officer will report to the Director Development and collaborate with all departments.
Hyde Park Art Center promotes and develops a culture within its staff that reflects the values and core principles of equity, inclusion, and access. We understand that these have become buzzwords, but we believe deeply in the responsibility we have to change the inequitable landscape of the arts, and we’re committed to the hard work it takes to make it better. We believe in intentional risk-taking and experimentation for good and thoughtful reasons, and work collaboratively with one another to ensure alignment and dynamism throughout all we do.