Steppenwolf Theatre Company is seeking candidates for a Digital Marketing Manager. This position, under the supervision of the Senior Marketing Director, manages the theatre’s website, e-commerce, and email communications campaigns. The successful candidate will need to be a) experienced in web and e-commerce operations; b) skilled at web analytics; and c) adept at building emails and familiar with email marketing best practices.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with staff and manage outside vendors on issues of web maintenance and the development of new web and e-commerce functionality
- Develop website content and maintain through multiple Content Management Systems
- Manage website development budget
- Cultivate cross departmental familiarity with digital best practices and web content standards
- Maintain Steppenwolf brand on all e-marketing platforms (website, email, search, etc.)
- Create and maintain email communications calendar
- Develop email content strategy
- Code/deploy or supervise the coding/deploying of emails
- Establish key performance indicators, establish baseline measurements, and set goals
- Monitor and report on the performance of Steppenwolf’s online platforms
- Build, deploy and analyze surveys created through Wufoo, Zoomerang, etc
- Stay on top of trends, development of new methods for testing
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is the nation’s premier ensemble theater. Formed by a collective of actors in 1976, the ensemble represents a remarkable cross-section of actors, directors and playwrights. Thrilling and powerful productions from Balm in Gilead to August: Osage County—and accolades that include the National Medal of Arts and 12 Tony Awards— have made the theater legendary. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theatre, the 299-seat Upstairs Theatre and the 80-seat 1700 Theatre. Artistic programming includes a seven-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multigenre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Anna D. Shapiro is the Artistic Director and David Schmitz is the Executive Director.
For additional information, visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr.
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, pre-tax Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.