National High School Institute Film Director
This position is for the National High School Institute Film Division (the “Cherub” program) at Northwestern University, in Evanston. https://nhsi.northwestern.edu/film-video-division/. This is part time work from March through May and full-time work from June 22 – August 4, 2019.
The National High School Institute at Northwestern University is seeking a qualified candidate to run its 5-week summer Film Institute on the Northwestern campus.
- Supervise and monitor a staff of approximately 20
- Structure and coordinate pre-summer and ongoing training for all staff
- Assist in pre-summer Institute planning and organization, including:
- Creating elective course catalog and summer calendar
- Assisting NHSI Director with dormitory and classroom space allocation
- Lead and direct the day-to-day aspects of the program including:
- Plan and organize day to day schedule of the Institute
- Meeting daily with students and faculty for information sharing and instruction
- Meeting weekly with faculty formally and every day informally to keep a finger on the pulse of every person participating in the program
- Student placement in Elective and Master Classes
- Keeping communication between the NHSI office and the Film program current and well-informed.
- Monitor the health and safety of all students (80+) and staff (20+)
- Manage overall program content and structure