Hyde Park Art Center seeks a full-time Manager of Institutional Giving to assist in the implementation of the Art Center’s comprehensive fundraising program that generates support through institutional funders, individual donors, and special events. This position will provide a broad base of experience in nonprofit fundraising, as well as nonprofit management more generally, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Foundation, Government & Corporate Giving
- Maintain the grant calendar and ensure that applications and reports are submitted on time
- Research new grant opportunities, including foundation, corporate, and government grants, while maintaining a strong knowledge of the Art Center’s programs and relevant funding opportunities
- Coordinate with Program and Development staff to assemble information and materials for grant applications and reports
- Author and compile compelling grant applications and reports for submission
- Lead and support execution of strategies for cultivating, recognizing, and stewarding foundation and corporate donors
Special Events & Programs
- Assist in all aspects of coordinating development related events, including the Art Center’s Annual Gala and others as specified
- Manage the Gala timeline
- Through Not Just Another Pretty Face, the Art Center’s signature art-commissioning project, make presentations at salons and work with artists and patrons to arrange commissions – this work, which lasts for eight months and occurs every three years, requires additional evening and weekend hours
- Support and lead components of some large public events
Development Operations & Management
- Support the management of the Art Center’s audience database, ensuring the accuracy and robustness of new and existing data, including donor and communications tracking
- Processing contributions and corresponding acknowledgements in an appropriate and timely manner
- Manage the Development Department’s interns
General Organizational Work
- Serve as a leader and thought partner of the organization in fulfilling its mission and objectives
- Participate in meetings and projects related to the strategizing and implementation of the organization’s priorities and values
Compensation and Benefits:
The Manager of Institutional Giving is a full-time, salaried position in the low $40’s based on experience. Benefits include: health and life insurance, dental insurance, retirement matching after one year, and vacation time. The Manager of Institutional Giving will report to the Director Development and collaborate with all departments.
Hyde Park Art Center promotes and develops a culture within its staff that reflects the values and core principles of equity, inclusion, and access. We understand that these have become buzzwords, but we believe deeply in the responsibility we have to change the inequitable landscape of the arts, and we’re committed to the hard work it takes to make it better. We believe in intentional risk-taking and experimentation for good and thoughtful reasons, and work collaboratively with one another to ensure alignment and dynamism throughout all we do.