Are you someone who is:
- Collaborative and able to work in a team-driven environment?
- Exceptionally organized andmeticulous with details?
- Energized working with a variety of people and handling multiple projects?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Manager of Performance who will implement and oversee systems to ensure the efficient and effective management of the MCA’s Performance Program and lead the interdepartmental Performance / Season Project Team. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the public presentation of performances in multiple disciplines, including the presentation of select live arts programs in other areas of the MCA facility.
- Organizing and coordinating internal and partner logistics for the production of MCA performing arts activities.
- Negotiating and managing artists’ contracts and technical riders, and interfacing with artists and artists’ representatives, technical staff, and others as needed for producing events
- Developing and managing MCA Stage budgets, including quarterly reforecasting
- Managing, training, and supervising house managers and Performance interns.
- Supporting the Chief Curator and Director of Convergent Programming in general administration of performance programs, including long-term strategic initiatives.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with evening and weekend availability as required to fulfill responsibilities and related museum activities. Ability to operate computers, printers, and telephones and general mobility throughout the building required.
P.S.The MCA provides a generous benefits packagethat includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and Marisol; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.