Job Type: Full Time Exempt
Job Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Artistic Director & General Manager
About Chicago Children’s Theatre
Since its launch in 2005, Chicago Children’s Theatre has cemented its reputation as the city’s largest professional theatre company devoted exclusively to children and families. The company evolved out of Chicago’s need for high-quality, professional year-round children’s programming to match the quality, & significance of theatrical powerhouses such as Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Goodman Theatre, & Lookingglass Theatre. Likewise, CCT has always believed children should be treated as the sophisticated audiences that they are, showcasing high-profile & award-winning talent, inventive production values & compelling stories that challenge, educate & entertain.
Summary of Position
Chicago Children’s Theatre has an immediate opening for a talented, passionate, committed Marketing Director. This core staff member is responsible for the marketing and communication strategies and functions for Chicago Children's Theatre.
This is an opportunity to work collaboratively and creatively throughout several aspects of our progressive & visionary non-profit arts organization.
- Provide a comprehensive, multi-platform annual marketing plan and implementation timeline, including advertising, direct mail, e-mail, online advertising, social media, promotions, & partnerships.
- Develop and execute strategies within marketing budgets as part of the annual budget.
- Create & implement marketing concepts unique to each of Chicago Children's Theatre’s season of productions, classes, & camps, rentals, birthday business, residencies, etc.
- Research online media outlets, partnerships, & opportunities.
- Write copy & design collateral materials, ads, and other pieces as needed.
- Oversee production of ads, flyers, direct mail and other collateral materials.
- Purchase all advertising: online, print, radio, outdoor, etc.
- Plan & execute production & season mailings, including design, printing, list procurements, and direct mail services.
- Maintain Chicago Children's Theatre website.
- Write & design all email messaging per communications plan and sales needs.
- Work directly with select board members to aid in marketing plans, concepts, & research.
- Report to the board of directors regularly regarding sales & marketing.
- Manage social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
- Monitor sales before & during productions, altering marketing strategies and initiatives as needed.
- Review & analyze marketing sales & data from each show.
- Manage Publicist relationship
- Manage Guest Services Manager and team
- Recruit & supervise marketing, design, & promotions apprentices
- Hire and manage any contract work, including illustrators, designers, vendors, hourly workers, etc.
- Other related functions and duties as assigned.