Overall Description:Working under the supervision of the Director of Education, Education Associate, and assigned Lead Teaching Artist act as the Teaching Artist Apprentice, serving the school and programming you are assigned. Check out our education programs at: northlight.org/education
- Mentorship of Northlight Lead Teaching Artist
- The opportunity to work directly with CPS/area students over an extended period of time on Northlight Residency curriculum
- Setting and working on individual goals applicable both inside and out of the classroom
- One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre for Q & A and networking.
- Discounts to professional productions in Chicago, and invitations to intern networking events hosted by the League of Chicago Theatres.
- Access to standby tickets for Northlight Opening Nights.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 5-10 hours weekly; days/times as scheduled
- Act as a Teaching Artist Apprentice: attending Teaching Artist trainings, planning curriculum with Northlight Teaching Artists and classroom teachers, co-teaching residency programs, and providing support in the classroom to Northlight on Campus and Speak Up! residencies.
- Track assessment and provide documentation support for your assigned residency programs.
- Attend Season Access student matinees at Northlight with your students.
- Set and communicate/track personal goals to your Northlight Lead Teaching Artist