Marwen provides high quality visual arts education, college planning, and career development programs – all completely free of charge – to Chicago’s under-resourced youth in grades 6-12. Additionally, Marwen offers professional development opportunities for teaching artists through Marwen’s Teaching and Learning Programs.
Marwen is seeking a part-time Registrar to support the work of our Student & Family Engagement team during program hours. This position will report to the Assistant Manager of Data & Registration and will work on several projects, including data management and event and food program support. The Registrar will also play a critical role in student and family communications.
- With the guidance of the assistant manager of data & registration, undertake critical data management projects with an attention to detail and accuracy. Projects include: constituent data entry and clean-up; school and organization record updates; as well as family survey and income survey data entry
- Attend to data input needs on a weekly basis including student attendance, prospective student information entry, and data entry needs for staff or funder requests
Student & Family Communications
- Collect rosters on a daily basis and communicate Marwen’s absence, tardy, and early dismissal policies with students and families
- Conduct reminder calls and emails for upcoming courses and workshops
- Communicate with students and families about upcoming returning student registrations and new student orientation dates and processes
Program Support & Administrative Duties
- Assist the assistant manager of data & registration in processing registration requests from returning and new students
- Provide front desk support during program hours: assist with student and family needs and direct teaching artist and studio facilitator questions and concerns to appropriate Marwen staff
- Assist with outreach mailings to schools and organizations as well as current and prospective students
- Coordinate and assist with Marwen’s meal program, which includes monitoring and cleaning student meal space, storing meals, distributing meals, and maintaining program documentation
- Attend any trainings and ensure compliance required by the Greater Chicago Food Depository
- With the guidance of the assistant manager of data & registration, coordinate staffing and logistics for new student and alternate orientations
- Support other student and family engagement events, workshops, and outreach visits