The David Adler Music and Arts Center in Libertyville, IL seeks art, music, and theatre faculty for summer 2019.
Faculty are experienced teachers and artists with enthusiasm for working with young people. Faculty teach 4 periods each week-day and develop curricula and lessons that will inspire their students. Faculty work closely with the Camp Director, camp counselors, and the Adler executive team to create a supportive and friendly environment for students of all ages and abilities.
About Camp Adler: Camp Adler is a day camp for creative youth, ages 5 - 11. Campers explore and develop new skills in music, art, and drama by creating a unique schedule based around their interests. Campers also participate in a variety of group games, activities, and art projects with their counselors. A counselor-in-training program is available for students entering grades 7-10 in the fall of 2019. www.adlercenter.org/learn/camp/
- Teach a music (percussion/xylophone/ukulele/voice) art (mixed media/ceramics) or theatre (drama/puppetry/musical theatre) class each period of the camp day.
- Teach within the provided curriculum for all assigned classes, and develop lesson plans for each class
- Develop a materials inventory for all projects and request materials by May 15, 2019
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom
- Attend staff and orientation meetings
- Prepare students for an end-of-camp sharing for parents and friends.
Days and Hours
- Session 1, June 10 - 28
- Session 2, July 8 - 26
- Mondays - Fridays, 9:30 am - 4 pm
- Showcase performances on June 27 and July 25 at 6 pm.
- The Adler Center is 40 minutes from Chicago via I-94, and is conviently located on the Milwaukee District North Metra Line.
Compensation commensurate with experience.