ISSOS USA Inc. are looking for an experienced film maker to take on the role of Film Teacher at our 3 week summer school program at Yale, from 11th July 2019 - 5th August 2019.
This class aims to develop team building, leadership and communication skills as well as the skills needed for students to continue making films after leaving the summer school. The Film Teacher must have the expertise and knowledge to lead interactive seminars and hands on technical training in script writing, directing, production management, cinematography, editing, location scouting and set design.
The Film Teacher is required to have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of cameras: usage, cleaning, care
- Good working knowledge of Final Cut Pro
- Teaching classes and classroom management
- Mentoring students during the filming and editing process
- Taking charge of filming schedules (previous experience of a film set preferable)
- Responsible for the allocation and return of equipment
- Making sure students are safe and polite to others on the film shoot (this is essential if it involves the general public)
- Experience with young people
- Enthusiasm for film and inspiring the students to learn and bring out talent
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
Student Leadership Internship
All of our summer positions at Yale can be taken on as paid summer internships that will offer you a host of benefits while having an incredible summer experience. An internship by definition should enhance your personal and professional development and at ISSOS we are dedicated to helping each member of our team grow and develop over summer by offering them the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of the summer school.
Our Student Leadership Internship (SLI) offers you the chance to learn by doing while supervised by an industry professional. Depending on your skill set or chosen career path you can apply for positions to teach, lead activities and the responsibility of child welfare, take on a business admin role or choose to document the ISSOS experience by managing our media. Whatever you choose to apply for, if successful you will be actively involved every day and learning at every turn.