Wrightwood 659 seeks experienced individuals for gallery staff positions during the upcoming exhibitions, Dimensions of Citizenship: Architecture and Belonging from the Body to the Cosmos and the reopening of Tadao Ando: Architect. Wrightwood 659 will be open to the public Thursday – Saturday and occasional Wednesdays from February 15 – April 27, 2019.
During the exhibition, Visitor Service Associates (VSAs) are expected to schedule their days to coincide with operating hours. Ideally, part-time VSAs will be available to work 2-3 days per week (12-30 hours). Applicants should be available the week before opening for gallery training sessions and protocol briefings.
Successful candidates will possess a passion for art, architecture, and social activism. They must be comfortable in a progressive environment and enthusiastic about working with diverse audiences. VSAs are expected to be intuitive, reliable, intellectually curious, and inclusive team members capable of maintaining a peaceful gallery atmosphere. VSAs must possess outstanding communication skills.
- Front entry ticketing, greeting guests, and communicating gallery policies and information about the exhibit.
- Managing the coat check.
- Recording gallery observations and feedback.
- Working in tandem with the security staff to engage visitors and ensure a safe and positive visitor experience.
- Monitor gallery activity during open hours and public programs.
- Assisting with gallery upkeep and opening/closing procedures.
- Assisting with setup for gallery events and public programs.
- Other duties as assigned.