REPORTSTO: Senior Director of the Women’s Board and Special Events
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision as they relate to all Women’s Board activities and all development events.
Women’s Board Activities and Events
- Provide concierge level customer service to Women’s Board members and Bravo Circle patrons by monitoring contributions, executing performance ticket requests, Graham Room dining reservations, answering phones, composting correspondence, etc.
- Maintain accurate and detailed contact information for Women’s Board members in Tessitura, board directory, and digital files. Prepare and track Women’s Board members annual dues. Develop and maintain filing system for Women’s Board member files, activities, events.
- Coordinate detailed arrangements for Women’s Board special events (Opening Night Opera Ball, Annual Musical Celebration, Wine Auction, etc) including tracking responses, writing copy, maintain files, coordinating production and design of print pieces, producing escort cards and place cards, seating, responding to inquires, vendor management.
- Coordinate arrangements for all Women’s Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, and all Women’s Board projects. Compost correspondence, agendas, reports, record and transcribe meeting minutes, track responses, prepare and assemble meeting folders, manage seating, manage vendors such as catering and AV.
- Manage the Women’s Board Office including ordering supplies, drafting correspondence, preparing gifts, tracking expenses, etc.
- Manage content and production of Women’s Board e-newsletters, Wine Auction social media, and all other communications.
- Coordinate detailed arrangements for all aspects of the triennial Wine Auction project, including solicitation of items, tracking of donations, maintaining inventory, coordinating shipments and fulfillment, print/online catalogue development and production, décor, and pre-/post-event activities, interim Wine Auction-related events.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of Women’s Board member-only trips every two to three years.
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1+ years experience in Development or related field.
- 1+ years experience working directly with a volunteer board.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, concierge level customer-service, strong project-management and organizational competencies, and a demonstrated track record of relationship building are required.
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Microsoft suite of products
- CRM expertise (Tessitura strongly preferred)
- Ability to work and think independently and proactively, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Ability and flexibility to oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments, or performances.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, to handle other office equipment, and to lift up to 30 pounds.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.