At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing Chicago’s youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 11,000 youth while touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
The Assistant Resource Coordinator at STEM Magnet Academy is a part-time position responsible for assisting the Resource Coordinator with developing school-based programming, events and activities. Lead programming based on parent and student interests/needs, strengthening student social and emotional skills, academic enrichment, community service, leadership, fine and performing arts, and health & wellness.
Please submit all applications via the link below.
- Serve as team lead/YG point of contact when Resource Coordinator is out of the office
- Make executive decisions to manage the program, deal with schedule changes, handle emergencies, etc. with the best interests of all stakeholders in mind
- Maintain complete record of attendance and services
- Create monthly newsletters for parents
- Provide administrative and program support for School Programs
- Supervise and support students and staff where directed
- Aid in staff development, including organizing and hosting trainings
- Maintain behavioral expectations for students in keeping with established methods and procedures; mastery of school-based behavior management plan
- Maintain positive and mutually informative relationship with school administration, teachers, staff, parents, students and community stakeholders
- Develop and maintain tools for communicating with grant providers, school, parents, students, community members, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Cultivate community partnerships with individuals and organizations that can provide resources and/or support for programs and initiatives, including volunteers, donations, youth opportunities, grants, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned